Wine bar on the Côte-de-Nuits wine trail Côte de Nuits in Burgundy
At the heart of the vineyard
The wine bar is open every day from 5 to 9pm (8pm on Sundays) for guests and visitors. It has held the national Vignobles & Découvertes (“Vineyards and Discovery”) label since 2010.
Wine is our passion, and a way to share authentic values. Gevrey-Chambertin is the most titled wine town in Burgundy, home to 9 of the 24 red Grands Crus of Burgundy. In the convivial atmosphere of our wine bar, we will help you to discover the heritage passed down from the Benedictine and Cistercian monks. Novices will allow themselves to be guided by Virginie’s advice to discover Burgundy wines in the simplest possible way, thanks to our selection of wines by the glass or an individualised tasting. Enthusiasts and informed aficionados can take their choice among our “love at first sight” wines or those from exceptional Domaines to discover or rediscover among friends.
The upholstered setting of our wine bar offers a warm, cosy atmosphere as winter draws in. Once the fine weather returns, you can be served in our flower-filled garden, where wine tasting means relaxation and well-being, in time to the birdsong.
Services for hotel clients
The bar is open all day until at least 10 pm (9pm on Sundays) for hotel guests, all year round.
Are you too tired after your journey? Wouldn’t you like to eat out? Take the chance to try our Burgundy mâchon made from pork products and cellar-matured cheeses from the region: ham, terrine pâté, saucisson cured pork sausage and cheeses like Délice de Pommard, Brillat-Savarin, Cîteaux, Saint-Félicien, Soumaintrain, Ami du Chambertin, Epoisses and more, it is the essential partner to the wines of Burgundy.
We have other services in store for you:
- Personalised tasting guided by our sommelière to suit your tastes.
- Items available in the shop for your souvenir gifts, in bottles and half bottles, plus gift wrapping.
- Bus service departing from the hotel to go to the Chapitre dinners at the Château du Clos de Vougeot, as part of our partnership with the Confrérie des Chevaliers du Tastevin.
- Climats de Bourgogne : Forms available to support the application for UNESCO World Heritage, together with explanatory documentation.
- “Ready-to-use” information to organise your stay:
- cycle hire (book the day before) and suggested routes to discover our villages, making your way among the vineyards at your own pace.
- tourist information about the wine region, wineshops, Domaines open to the public by prior arrangement or otherwise in the locality of Gevrey-Chambertin, in Côte de Nuits and in Burgundy in general.
- putting you in contact with our partners specialising in half-day or all-day guided tours in the wine region.
- reference material on Burgundy, its wines and its climats, for consultation in our library.
- Facilities for storing and keeping your wines:
- during your stay, storage in a cellar of the wine you purchase until your departure, to protect it from differences in temperature, all year round
- facilities for preparing your boxes in the form of our special trolleys for loading wine into your vehicles.
- for air travel, we provide cushioning and protective material for your bottles of wine.
Vignobles & Découvertes Label
The wine bar of the Hotel Arts & Terroirs is the ideal place to discover the wines of Burgundy in a convivial atmosphere.
- The label is a national distinction set up in 2009 by the French ministries of tourism and agriculture.
- It creates a network of professionals to offer you activities linked to discovering the world of wine during your holidays.
- It channels the values of authenticity, the pleasure of hospitality, openness, appreciation of our natural, cultural and human heritage and responsible consumption.
To find out more about the Vignobles & Découvertes label, visit the official websites:
What are the “Climats de Bourgogne”?
“In Burgundy, when you talk about a climat, you don’t look up to the sky but down at the ground.” Do like us and back the support committee headed by Bernard Pivot.
Each region, each terroir, each vineyard has its own identity, a DNA defined by its name, often the result of centuries of work, its soil, its subsoil, its slope, which way it faces. All these vineyards together make up a landscape symbolised by the Côte de Beaune and the Côte de Nuits: a mosaic of climats. More than just a landscape, this is a heritage of vineyards and villages, made up of dry stone cabotes (huts) and murgers (walls), churches, historic sites, wineries... More than just a landscape, it is men’s ancestral wisdom that has earned the wines of Burgundy their international renown.
Le Clos de Bèze is the oldest of the climats, La Romanée-Conti and Le Clos de Vougeot the stars, La Romanée discreet, Les Amoureuses romantic, Le Combe aux Moines monastic, Les Charmes shameless… 1,247 unique personalities and as many reasons to support the association behind a common project: universal recognition!